I am growing up so fast -- I am trying and doing new things every day!! Yesterday, mommy gave me a piece of bread for me to feed myself with, and I did great! I grabbed and smushed the bread in my hand and then put it up to my mouth to bite/eat. I got a fair bit of help from mommy, and I was closely supervised so that I didn't end up putting the whole piece in my mouth at once, but it was quite an adventure!
 |
| Yum, bread! |
Also, mommy and daddy gave me some fruit puffs yesterday as well to try -- I couldn't quite figure out how to eat them (they are like cheerios but much softer and melt in my mouth), and I kept pushing it out with my tongue and then getting frustrated that it wasn't in my mouth. Mommy and daddy had a good laugh watching me experimenting with the puffs. I also still haven't gotten my pincer grasping abilities yet (picking up something small with just my thumb and forefinger), so feeding myself the puffs is a bit challenging, but I am going to keep practicing until I get it!!! (which will probably be tomorrow, at the rate I am going -- I am a fast learner!!)
And, in other exciting news, I am getting quite good now at standing up while holding onto something!!! So, I will be ready to start cruising (walking while holding onto something) very soon!! So exciting!!
I also very much enjoy flipping myself around in the crib -- I now will grab my crib bumper and use it as leverage to flip myself over on my stomach. Mommy and daddy are very impressed but think that they will have to start lowering the level of my crib soon because I am getting too mobile! I also love sleeping on my stomach, and nowadays am found sleeping that way about half the time. So many new things happening with me!!! Stay tuned for the latest developments!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment