Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Successes and Firsts.

No posts over the last few days, but I have been busy!  First, I am now 8 weeks old, and quickly making my way to the 2-month old mark.  Imagine that!  Me as a 2-month old!  Mindboggling!  Next week though, I have my first set of shots coming up at the doctor's office.  I don't think they are a big deal but I think mommy is quite nervous about them!  And, I will get another weigh-in!  I have been eating like a champ so I am putting my money on hitting 12 pounds!!

Best.  Passport.  Photo.  Ever.
Anyhow, in other news, mommy took me to get my passport photos taken on Thursday, which was a BIG success!  It was no small feat though, as I had to sit on a wooden stool in front of a white background (same as for adults), and had to look straight into the camera!  This was tough, since I have not yet learned to sit up, let alone to sit straight up on a stool!  So mommy had to hold me upright so I wouldn't topple (front or back or to the side!), but her hand and arm could not be visible from the front so as not to appear in the photo!  AND, I had to be looking straight at the camera!  But, in the face of these seemingly insurmountable odds, I was victorious!  (see proof on right)  A great photo, if I do say so myself (double chin notwithstanding).  The clerk at the photo store told my mommy that he had to photoshop out a bit of the top of my hair (which was standing straight up, as is my trademark), saying that it sometimes causes trouble with the passport photo getting approved by the state department.  Harumpf!  Had I not been asleep by this point, I think I would have taken offense for sure!  In any event, now all that is left is for mommy to submit my application for a passport and then I will be ready to jetset in style!


Me and auntie Eden.
Could I have been trying to eat her shirt?  I plead the Fifth.
Over the weekend, I had my FIRST restaurant outing with mommy and daddy, and with grandma Deborah and auntie Eden (who had beautiful long blond hair that I may have grabbed once or twice during the visit -- sorry!), who were visiting me from England.  We all went to lunch at a restaurant and it was a semi-success as I stayed asleep for 80% of the meal (unfortunately the food was served at a somewhat leisurely pace, which meant that I was awake and a bit cranky by the time the food arrived, which meant that mommy had to hold me for a while as daddy wolfed down his salad, and who then took me on a stroll around the block while mommy ate her food, at which point we all rushed home!).  But, all this notwithstanding, I still think I acquitted myself admirably, especially given my tender age!  (I mean, I was still only 7 weeks then!  What a baby I was!)


I like laughing.  Daddy likes it too.
Maybe more than me.
Otherwise, I am behaving myself, for the most part.  I did my sleep-a-thon over the weekend again, which mommy and daddy enjoyed.  I started to get a bit cranky Sunday night though, as per my usual (no one likes the idea of the impending Monday!!!), but woke up on Monday morning smiling and laughing (I still have not yet mastered the sound to accompany the laughing.....patience please, I am working on it).  I have started to make sounds like "la" and "ah", in addition to mommy's favorite of "har."  All of this really excited daddy, but I didn't quite understand what all the fuss was about.  Oh, and I have also started squeaking, which tends to make mommy and daddy laugh and talk amongst themselves in gibberish.  I really wish they would stop talking so much gibberish all the time!  Hopefully they will get with the program and learn to speak my language soon!  I have so much to tell them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment