Wednesday, March 28, 2012

9 month check-up!

Mommy took me to my new doctor this morning for my 9 month check-up.  I am now 29 inches tall, and 18 pounds and 4.5 ounces!  And my head circumference is 47 centimeters.  So, percentile wise, I am 90th for height, 45th for weight, and well over 100th for head size!  My big head makes it difficult to put clothes on me because they all get stuck on my head!!  But, otherwise, I am healthy and happy.  I also had to get my blood taken today to test for lead poisoning, which meant they had to prick my finger and then squeeze out drops of blood until they filled up a small tube.  But, in incontrovertible proof that I am the perfect baby, I didn't even react to the finger prick at all!!  I didn't cry or scream or even get a little bit upset.  I just looked at the nurse, and sat there cooperatively as she squeezed my finger until she filled up the vial.  The nurses were all so amazed, because this has never happened before!!  Usually, they said, the baby is screaming and flailing his arms and then blood gets everywhere, and it takes them 30 minutes to get the blood they need, but with me it only took a few minutes, and I was outta there!  Again, I am really the best baby in the world!!  Mommy and daddy are so lucky to have me!
Standing, but not quite walking yet....maybe tomorrow!
(Photo courtesy of Melissa)

In other news, yesterday daddy found me in my crib standing!  He was very proud of me, as I got there all by my lonesome!  And today, Melissa told daddy when he got home that I have learned to wave to myself in the mirror!  Yay, another milestone!!  I am growing up so fast -- mommy and daddy had better enjoy every day with me since before they know it, I will no longer be a baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment