Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Shanghai and back!

I know that I have been really delinquent about blogging, but I have been so busy!  I went to Shanghai to meet mommy's grandparents, and my great-grandparents!! for the first time!  They really enjoyed my visit, and I enjoyed all the attention.  Here are some photos from the trip.

Me, at the airport lounge in Newark!

Me in mommy's seat en route to Shanghai!  


The Bund, Shanghai with grandma Hong.


At great-grandma's house in Shanghai with mommy.

At great-grandma's house with toys that was lent to me.  I especially liked the
train that spoke Chinese!

Score!!  One of the many red envelopes that I got in Shanghai!!  (With Fang jiejie)

Yay, red envelope!  


Four generations, all together!!  

Me, in my crib at the hotel in Shanghai.

Me, with Yvonne, grandma Hong's friend, who helped us to get our visas to visit!  

I of course got distracted by Yvonne's shiny Louis Vuitton bag!!!

I was a bit of a celebrity in Shanghai.  People just kept coming up to me to remark how adorable I am!
Here, I am visiting at grandpa Jim's office in Shanghai and got swarmed!!

With my great-grandparents!!!  

Me, at the Shanghai Pudong airport with Haibao, aka Gumby!

I love shaking things now.

Me, in my own seat on the flight back to New York.  I slept about 4 hours of the 14 hour flight and screamed for
about the same amount of time.  It was rough.

Me, on the shuttle back to our car after landing in Newark.  Home at last!!!  

Sad to say that I got quite sick after getting back from the trip.  I was sick the week before starting daycare -- yes, I started daycare again!!  But I got better, only to get sick again after the first week at daycare.  I haven't had a fever, but I had an upset stomach, runny nose, refused to eat much for days, and one night I threw up all my milk, and once all over mommy!!!  But after throwing up all over her, I gave daddy a big smile just to make sure he knew that I was fine.  I think I have recovered mostly, and I spent the last week at home, either with Melissa or daddy who took off work to stay with me.  Sadly I haven't seen much of mommy as she has been absolutely swamped at work with no end in sight!  Daycare has been fine, but its too early to tell since I was barely there before I got sick and had to stay home.  We will see how things go from now on.  

Anyhow, lots of milestones that I have missed reporting over the last months!  My two top teeth have come in, which probably contributed a bit to my misery.  They started coming in the week we got back from Shanghai.  And now, although I am still not walking on my own, I like to walk only holding onto one hand of mommy or daddy or Melissa.  Otherwise, I have started to become quite a fussy/picky eater since getting back from Shanghai.  I refuse to eat many things except for rice, porridge, cereals and some vegetables.  Mommy and daddy are keeping their fingers crossed that this is just a phase!

In other news, we are headed to Playa del Carmen next weekend for mommy's friend's wedding.  I am excited but mommy is a bit nervous about me getting sick again.  This will be a much shorter flight -- less than 3 hours -- so hopefully it won't be an exhausting trip like Shanghai was!  Stay tuned for photos!!!

xoxo,
Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment