Friday, October 21, 2011

To Boston and Back.


So, I know I have been gone for quite a while, so I thank you for your patience!  But, I have been busy.  In any event, there is a lot to catch you up on....

First, in the most exciting news...I got my passport!  Woohoo!  Now I am ready to jet set in style!  Although I have to say, I am not loving my passport photo anymore -- I look such like a ... baby!!  I've grown so much since that photo was taken, it's amazing!!  Oh well, I guess I just have to live with it for the next 5 years until I can get a new one.  

Next, mommy and daddy took me to Boston to visit grandma Paula and grandpa Aubrey, where I also got to meet great aunts Gretchen and Lisa, great uncles Scott and Steve, great grandma Ruth, and my cousins Carter and Tyler and Jay.  There were so many people to meet, and I was so sleepy, that it was all a blur!  Hopefully I will have more time to get to know everyone at Thanksgiving!  I can't wait for turkey (so I hear)!!!  I don't know what it is all about, but mommy seems to be super excited about the Thanksgiving meal so hopefully it will live up to expectations!  Anyhow, I did well on the drive up with mommy (I slept pretty much the whole way and was very peaceful), but I did not like the drive back!  Maybe it was the car -- on the way up mommy snagged us a Cadillac SRX SUV, which was a fancy and great ride, but on the way back, daddy got us a Mercury Grand Marquis (!!!) which looked like it was from the 1980s!!!!!  And as if that wasn't bad enough to ride for 5 hours in a total boat, the car had New Jersey plates!!!  As if!  Anyhow, I sincerely hope that we will do better next time on the way back from Boston at Thanksgiving. 

Caught in the act!  
In other news, I am now quite mobile when I am in my crib.  I like to spin around (like a turtle on its back) and sometimes have ended up 180 degrees from how I was initially placed in the crib (see left)!!  Mommy and daddy just laugh at me, but they don't understand how frustrating it is not to be able to just get wherever I want to!!  But, just they wait!!!  

Also, I have gotten quite good at grabbing things that I see.  I often now sit on the couch or in my bouncy chair and mommy will put Olivia the Owl in front of me, and I will just grab and squish her crinkly wings while babbling to myself.  It's so much fun!!!

How I was found this morning by mommy.  Uh oh.  Time for bumpers, pronto!!!  
For the rest of this blog entry, I will just let the pictures do the talking.  Ta ta until next time!!

Every night, mommy or daddy will read me a bedtime story.  Mostly, it is Goodnight Moon, but not this night!!!
I like reading about my adventures!!!  In this book, I saved the circus!  Yay, me!!  

Another big thing for me now is to play with my feet, or, in this case, with my footed pants.  Here, I am desperately
trying to suck my footed pants....but unfortunately it was not a success...it just won't quite reach!!  Bummer!!

I also now like to put all sorts of things in my mouth.  Case in point,
the teething keychain that great grandma Ruth got me.  Yum!!!

Mommy, trying the sling/wrap thing with me again last week.  She has no clue how it works (see the instructions for wrapping on the computer screen in the background????)!! 
How I feel about being in the sling when she is so clueless about wrapping and tying it....can you blame me??

This was me in the sling, just 3 months ago!!  Can you believe how much I have grown?!?!  
I can't believe daddy took this photo of me when I was asleep on the subway!!
How embarrassing!!!!  But, it's not what it looks like!!!    
All bundled up and ready to go out for an errand with mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment