 |
| I am one! |
I am one years old now! Yay, me!! I had a mini celebration with just mommy and daddy on my real birthday on the 26th -- they lit a candle and sang me a song, and offered me a big cupcake which I shunned. Then last Sunday, I had a party and lots of people came, including grandma Paula and grandpa Aubrey, uncle Ben, and great-aunt Sally!! Thanks everyone for coming, and for the presents (even though I specifically said no gifts!!!). It was a lot of fun -- but I still shunned the cake! I am very advanced now, and have gotten very good at walking -- I can pretty much toddle across the room on my own, although I am still a bit wobbly at times.
 |
| I got a birthday card from my great-grandparents in Shanghai! Yay! |
Today, I had my one-year check up at the doctor's office! I am all better from being sick earlier -- I guess those antibiotics really worked!! But mommy is still coughing -- poor thing. Anyhow, as of today, I weighed 20 pounds and 12 ounces (I gained an entire pound in the last 2 weeks since my last doctor's visit), and am about 30 inches tall. And my head is about 46 cm in circumference! So now I am just about average for everything -- now mommy can stop saying that I have a big head, and stop worrying that I am underweight! I am pretty heavy now!! I also had to get 3 shots today, unfortunately. But I did great as usual, and hardly cried at all (I didn't cry whatsoever for the first shot, whimpered a little for the second one, and only cried after the third one -- the MMR, which was a doozy!). Last time I got MMR, I got a fever after a week -- hopefully I don't have a reaction again this go around!
In other news, I am doing well at daycare. I like it there -- I generally have a smile when mommy drops me off there in the mornings, and today when she picked me up early, I was just hanging out and taking toys off the book shelf on my own, enjoying myself. But, the only thing is that I don't nap very much while at daycare because THERE IS SIMPLY TOO MUCH TO DO!!!! I almost always skip my morning naps, and will only take an 1.5 hour nap or so in the afternoon. Sometimes my afternoon nap is even shorter and the last few days I have been so pooped that I fall asleep as soon as daddy picks me up on our way home in the car (it is only a 10 minute drive!!). Oh well, hopefully I will adjust soon and learn that I need more sleep!!!
Here are some pictures from my birthday celebrations. Enjoy!!!
 |
| Where was I, you ask? I was asleep while everyone had a Saturday dinner on the patio! |
 |
| Mommy, pretending to grill, when it was daddy who did all the hard work slaving over the hot grill!!!! |
 |
| This is truly a ridiculous hat! |
 |
| Yum, cake? |
 |
| Fake out -- I am not really going to eat the cake. I prefer broccoli and green beans, thank you!! |
 |
| Mommy and daddy's friends from college, and Laura, who is 1 1/2 years old!! |
 |
| Laura is eating strawberries, while I am holding a .... BEER?!?! |
 |
| Hee hee hee, fake out -- I wasn't really going to drink the beer, you see. |
 |
Mommy's friend from work, JoAnna, and Cabel, who is 10.5 months old! Wait, why is mommy wearing my hat?! She looks ridiculous, if I do say so myself! |
 |
| Yes, I may be the happiest baby on earth -- until you try to get me to go to bed, that is..... |
 |
| Ellie, who found us our nice house came to visit as well (on left). She is talking to Cara, mommy's boss's wife. |
 |
| With grandma Paula. |
 |
This is my neighbor, Norah. I call her Norah Bug though. She is very cute and friendly. We see each other often. And tomorrow, we are planning to go to the beach together for the Fourth of July! |
 |
| With daddy, after my party. It was a success!! Can't wait for next year!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment