Monday, January 9, 2012

6 month weigh-in.

I got my 6-month checkup today and here are the results:  I weighed in at 15 pounds and measured 27 inches tall, which puts me at the 25th percentile and 90th percentile for weight and height, respectively.  I continue to be a tall and skinny baby!  The doctor said that I must make sure to drink at least 24 ounces of formula/milk per day, but I am very willful, so what's mommy and daddy and Melissa to do?!  Some days I eat more, other days less.  But I never eat tons.  These days, I sometimes only drink 2 or 3 ounces each feeding (whereas at daycare I was regularly drinking 6 ounces every feeding), but I eat lots in the morning and evening, when mommy breastfeeds me.  But, I love love love my solids!!  Today, I tried oatmeal, which I liked.  I still like carrots, but hopefully soon I will be graduating to fruits -- yum!

I got my shots today and did great -- I barely cried at all at the doctor's office.  The doctor said that we will keep watching my weight, and when I go in next month to get my flu shot, I will get weighed again and hope for better progress in weight gain!  We will just have to wait and see!

These days I unfortunately have developed the bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and refusing to be comforted except for a few minutes of nursing with mommy (no bottles, no holding from daddy seems to calm me).  Mommy and daddy are really hoping this is just a phase and I will grow out of it soon!!

Sitting with daddy.

I know I am a cutie!

After a rice cereal feeding.  

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment