Sunday, January 29, 2012

New house!

Daddy and me in our new house!!  Yes, this is all the furniture we have at the house for the moment.
I look so small in the big house!!!
Sorry I haven't blogged for a while, but I've been so busy with our new house!!  Yes, as of last Friday, I now own 1/3 of a big house in Westchester!  But in addition to that, there are tons of new developments and photos to share!  First, I am finally getting some teeth!!  Although you can't see it yet, mommy and daddy have definitely felt the top of my very first tooth coming in over the last few days.  It is my bottom left tooth that has been peeking out...so hopefully I won't be a toothless wonder for much longer!!  Also, I have learned to sleep on my belly!  In the last week or so, mommy and daddy have found me, both at night (when they come to check in on me before they go to sleep) and in the mornings sleeping on my belly!  I seem to quite like sleeping on my stomach now, as they now find me like this about 1/4-1/3 of the time!  Sometimes, I still get upset when I wake up like this and can't figure out how to flip myself back around, but I am definitely getting more mobile so I am getting better at doing this on my own.  Yay for me!

Oh, and can't believe I almost forgot -- an excerpt of one of my recent adventures from Melissa (as documented by Melissa in an email to mommy):  "we went downstairs to play earlier [in the building's playroom] and there were a few toddlers there running around the room and going down the slide.  Olive had a blast watching them.  Every time a kid went down the slide she would clap and babble then wait and watch until they went again only to again applaud their landing. It was so cute."




What happens when I get too excited about sweet potatoes and smack the spoon on its way to my mouth.  Heh.
I eat tons of solid foods now -- fruits, vegetables, yogurts, and even pureed bits of chicken and turkey mixed with veggies.
Adventures in fingerpainting!!  (food coloring mixed with plain yogurt)
Wait, I am not supposed to eat this???
Hanging out with my great aunt Sally, who is visiting from South Africa!
Who is that cute baby on the iPad?!
Me, briefly holding the bottle on my own this morning.
Usually I am too lazy to hold it myself, but today I made an exception!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment