Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy fall 2011!

Hooray for fall!  It is my first fall ever, but it is mommy's favorite season, and daddy loves PUMPKINS, so I imagine I am predisposed to liking it!  First things first:  happy anniversary to mommy and daddy!  They celebrated the happy occasion by going out to dinner (I don't know where they went, but I think the food was spicy....and there was definitely some....curry? from what I tasted in the MILK!), while I stayed in with my new babysitter.  I really like her, and she really has a soporific effect on me!!  I did cry a lot just before mommy left, which made mommy really reluctant and sad to leave (yes, I was crying when she left, and she was already 20 minutes late!!!), but I got over it soon thereafter.  As an anniversary gift to mommy and daddy, I slept from 730pm until 550am straight!  Woohoo for me!  And, you know, that was just a one-time gift, so I don't expect that I will be repeating that performance anytime soon.  I mean, you have to save that stuff for special occasions!!

I'm thinking about it.  Give me a minute.

Ok, done thinking; I love PUMPKINs!!


So, I have discovered that I quite love bath time!  Even if I am upset beforehand, as soon as I get in the tub, I quiet down and get very calm, and just look adoringly (and unblinkly!) at mommy.  She has gotten quite adept at bathing me -- maybe too adept -- my baths are usually over in just a few minutes, before I have even gotten to settle in and really enjoy myself!  That's probably why I always throw a crying fit within 15 seconds (yes, it is that exact, you can count it down next time if you don't believe me) of being removed from the tub!




Me at 2 weeks.
In other news, as you know, I have been growing like mad.  But, just to further illustrate that fact, I thought I would show you some comparison photos of just how much I have grown!!  Amazing, right?
Me now.  



Before.
And my newest thing that I love is to suck my blanket.  I still don't like pacifiers, and although I occasionally will suck my hand (I still prefer the whole hand rather than any particular finger, I mean, why choose when I can have them all!?!?) or mommy's or daddy's shirts, I really REALLY like my blanket (even if I end up with a mouthful of lint!).  Mommy thinks it is gross and I know it makes the blanket all wet, but I don't care!!  I love it!!  I will spend hours sucking my blanket at night when getting myself to sleep, or sometimes after waking up.  In fact, although mommy always tries to swaddle me in a neat little bundle when I fall asleep, by the time she finds me awake hours later, I always will have been sucking my blanket for a while, and will have broken out of the swaddle -- and in quite a peculiar fashion no less!
After.  (Note that blanket is pulled up for sucking, but
bottom is totally kicked off because, well, I love to kick!)


 And before I go, I leave you with this final thought:
Hip....

hip....

hooray for fall!!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment