Thursday, September 15, 2011

Roly-poly time!!

It's been a rough few days, but I am finally BACK!  So I had a stretch of baby insomnia from Saturday through Tuesday, which made me very very cranky, and mommy and daddy very worried!  Basically, I refused to nap for more than 15-30 minutes, and no more than twice, starting Saturday, and overnight, I would only sleep 8-9 hours tops.  And by Tuesday morning, I was yawning nonstop, but refused to even be rocked to sleep in mommy's arms (which always works) -- I just had to keep my eyes open at all costs! So, mommy and daddy took me to the doctor's, where I got checked up, and got my first temperature taken .... you know where!!!  I did not enjoy it, I'll tell you that much!  In any event, the doctor declared me healthy and couldn't explain why I refused to sleep for so many days!  But, on my way back from the doctor's, I fell asleep in the pram, and since then have proceeded to get back to my old self!  I am only sleeping in 3-4 hour blocks at night now, which is a bit tiring for mommy, but hopefully I will be back to sleeping in 5-6 hour blocks again soon!  By the way, I got weighed at the doctor's, and as of Tuesday, I am now 11 pounds and 13 ounces -- yes, the doctor was also impressed that I managed to gain almost a pound in 2 weeks!  (psssst...let me tell you a secret, the secret to my rapid weight gain -- it's because I LOVE MILK!!!!)

Oh, and I took my first trip out of the state over the weekend!  Except it was to .... New Jersey!  When mommy first told me, I cried because I didn't want to go!  But, I ended up sleeping through most of it (especially all that driving through the tunnels, ugh!), so I guess it wasn't so bad!  Nevertheless, I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Boston in a few weeks to see grandma Paula and grandpa Aubrey!  

I am now almost 3 months, and I am growing and developing every day.  As such, I thought it might be helpful to give you a list of all of my accomplishments to date:

See my owls?  I love looking at them!!  
1.  I can (and love) babbling and making lots of noises like "oh", "ow" with different intonations, e.g., I can say what sounds like "uh oh" and I can say "owl" when mommy or daddy says "owl" when looking at my picture of owls!  I know, I am a genius baby!!

2.  I can hold my head up and push off when on mommy's check or when mommy puts me on her shins for our daily Superman!! time.

3.  I can get myself to sleep (many of the time) while laying in my crib when I am sleepy.  (Mommy likes this because it saves her arms!)

4.  I can squeak and squeal in delight (most often occurring when I am looking at my owls, which I love love love!).

5.  I can fall asleep while hiccuping (sometimes).  This is an important skill considering I hiccup about twice a day!

6.  I can sit up on a couch for a minute or so like a grownup, and without toppling over (although I usually begin to slide or slouch to the side, but seriously, let's not be so demanding, shall we?)!

Me, rolled on my side.
While sucking some fingers.
7.  And as of this morning, I can roll over to my side!!  I was really excited when I did it, but for some reason, mommy said "uh oh" and looked a little nervous.  She is so weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment