 |
| Me, posing for the camera. |
Alright, lots to post and blog about! Again, first things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to daddy! He is OLD (more than 136 times older than me, wow!), but I love him. He is the best at making funny faces and changing my diaper! Plus, he is great because he celebrated his birthday by staying home and hanging out with me! And he didn't mind even though I was super fussy at night and wouldn't go to sleep (again!) until 1130!! (Ok, maybe he minded a little and was worn down towards the end, but still....what a trooper!) So, a big MWAH to daddy!

In other news, the reason for the title of this post is because I (finally) took a bottle this weekend!! It took a little bit of a novel position (conceived by daddy, who claimed he read about the technique somewhere) -- me sitting on his lap, facing outwards!! who would have thought?! -- but I did drink some milk from a bottle! It was sort of hard to tell how much I actually drank because mommy didn't put much milk in the bottle in the first place (she said that she was tired of wasting so much good milk from all the past failed attempts) and didn't really remember how much there was in the first place, but I definitely drank some! And importantly, I didn't fuss and push the bottle out of my mouth like I did all the past times daddy tried to feed me with the bottle! Regardless, mommy declared this a great victory. Really, I was just holding out all those past times and waiting for 9/18 because I needed to have some sort of a gift for daddy on his birthday!!! And a great gift it was (although probably more for mommy)! I'm so thoughtful, I know!
 |
Ok, this is not where I usually sleep, but isn't it funny that I'm sleeping with the grown ups?! Here, I'm just keeping mommy company. |
I will definitely be bigger by the time y'all next see me because I am going through a growth spurt now! For the last two nights, I slept 12 hours straight (!!!!) each night, and then spent most of the day yesterday sleeping or looking sleepy. Both daddy and mommy were so amazed at my power sleeping they kept coming to check on me just to make sure I was still breathing! But, I love sleeping!! (Ok, only sometimes.) But when I commit to something, I do it right! I don't know how long this spurt will last but I hope mommy and daddy enjoy it while they can!
 |
| Case in point: exhibit 1. |
So my other big thing now (besides sleeping and rolling over, which I do a lot now, but only to my right, most of the time) is clasping my hands together. I love doing it! As soon as I am left to my own devices (either when mommy sits me up like an adult on the couch, or when I am getting changed, or when I am in the crib), I love to put my hands together!! It's so much fun!! I also like sucking on them or on my shirt (which I do every time I am getting changed)!! Yay, me!
 |
| Me, relaxing after a long day. With my socks off, of course. |
 |
Me, doing the superman with mommy. Mommy says it is a great abs workout for her, in addition to my loving it. We do this instead of the traditional tummy time sometimes because I now often fuss when put on my tummy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment